One of the key themes of my work is discovering how to help companies like yours stand out, and be sought after for what makes you unique, in a world where prospects see you like this…
Those who I see succeed embrace 6 key values and principles. They keep them close and they inform everything they do.
The 6 Values Embraced by High Performance Modern Marketers
- Becoming a Market of One is now a business imperative. The race for faster, cheaper or “better” is an unwinnable quest. Features and benefits aren’t enough. The world is just too crowded and noisy. The key is to be different – the foregone choice for a key group that believes only you are right for them.
- Trust is now the scarcest currency. Too many companies, too many promises, means we no longer believe what we hear. Even when it’s true. Trust is what you must earn, before the sales conversation starts. This means affecting belief by providing a special kind of value in your marketing.
- Inertia is what we’re fighting against. It’s always easier to do nothing than to take an action, especially at work where fear of making a mistake is the #1 fear. This means you must convince your prospects that action is critical if they are to get where they hope to go.
- Story is the key differentiator. Instilling this belief happens through stories. You must find the right story to tell, and tell it in a way that feels authentic. This is the key to earning trust, and becoming the foregone choice for the right group.
- Strategy comes before tactics. Which is why before we rush to push Send, or create more content, we must figure out why. What is the story we are telling, who is it for, and how can I provide enough value to earn their trust and be remembered?
- Focus on critical few over the trivial many. More channels, more options, more pressure to perform means the hamster wheel. Create, promote, jump to the next shiny tactic or channel, cross your fingers that sales come and then repeat. This is not the way to earn trust. To build your Tribe. Intense focus on the few critical activities, on building your customer attraction systems, is how we become sought after for what makes us unique.
Commitment to these values is how you become the voice your market counts on as others struggle and languish.
Next, how to turn these values into strategies and systems that drive the results you seek.
Get an instant download of “The Art of Customer Attraction: The Market of One Content Marketing Methodology.”